Book your spot today, this event is limited to 10
We will cover a lot of safety and environmental concerns. But the largest part of the class is driving technique to get you through a variety of terrain. A handout of the material covered is provided. Here is a list of items we will cover: Off Road Vehicles, How 4WD Works, Driving Technique, Safety, Pre Run Check, Survival & Peace of Mind Kits, Options & Accessories, Overview of options for getting unstuck, Post Trip maintenance, Trail Etiquette & Tread Lightly.
The class does not address vehicle build-up options and issues.
The class will answer these questions and many more questions:
- How do you avoid damage to an expensive vehicle?
- What is the critical difference you need to understand about operation of 4WD systems?
- What do you need to avoid, when descending a steep Hill?
- What impact does an automatic transmission have on off-road driving?
- How can you improve your traction by 250%?
- How deep can you safely cross water?
- What is the most important safety item you can bring?
- What are 10 ways to effect vehicle recovery?
You need a stock SUV or 4WD vehicle with 4 low range capability. All wheel drive vehicles that do not have a 2 speed transfer case are not appropriate for the class. Examples of vehicles that are not appropriate for the class include Subaru Forester, Audi Q7 and the Honda Ridgeline.
If you do not have a 4WD vehicle but wish to participate, we have rentals available for an additional cost.
Location: CampDads HQ
Organized By San Diego 4×4